top of page

All Cetus Printers Operational, Extruder Prints, and Assembly Improvements

All three Cetus MkIV's are operational, the filament has been the greatest problem to them and that's just basically this Zyltech brand of +/- 0.05mm filament that brittles early on and isn't very dimensionally accurate.

I have made some CAD edits to the extruder which I will show later as I should be collecting the finished prints this afternoon.

In the meantime, I made some basic additions of plastic tabs to help with assembly of the printer and remove any need of measuring tools when positioning the Y-Axis. The sliding screw notches will also compensate for cutting imperfections of the Aluminum Extrusion.

Classes are busy and I am a bit negligent with progress. It was a good idea to bring the project with me so I wouldn't forget about it.


20 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All

Going Dual Z-Axis

There is just no easy way to put this but I am just not happy with the how choppy the z-axis movement is with only one lead screw and motor. I am halting a lot of progress in the printer by just not a

1 Comment

Having a printer is a blessing for a student because of the expenses it saves of printing assignments, reports, etc. I have recently graduated & I even printed the dissertation report that was written by the UK dissertation writers, it saved a good amount & they also gave me their discount package.

bottom of page